Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More Hawaiian landscape

There's really not much to say. This place leaves me speechless. Got up plenty early in Kapalua for the drive over. Didn't try to make the sunrise, so we could get some incredible views and sunlight climbing to 10,000 feet from sea level. Totally worth it. I can't post everything, but here's two. It's actually very quiet here. I expected masses of humanity, but the whole island is just much more low key. Perfect.

One of the observatories tracks EVERY man-made object in space. Something like 8,000 items, satellites, spare parts, etc. There might not be a better place in the world to check out the stars than the top of Haleakala.


© Michael Sugrue

© Michael Sugrue

By the way, I've had a few emails for wallpaper images. Just send me your screen size and I can fire off a jpeg. It just might take a few days.

1 comment:

photo restoration services said...

Stunning landscape photos enhanced with some great post processing!