Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back to Business


Cordillera, Colorado 2007 © Michael Sugrue

It's been a little while since I last posted, and I can't say I'm glad to be sitting at a desk again. Recent travels have taken me to Texas and twice to Colorado.

One advantage of working to produce and execute shoots is the luxury of forgetting you have an actual business to run. I recently upgraded to Leopard and CS3, and I got a free one-month subscription to Lynda.com. It's awesome! I highly recommend anyone who wants to learn any program to sign up. It's only $25 a month, and I'm spending as much time as possible catching up, and refreshing myself, on the programs I need to know to run a business like Filemaker, Flash, Photoshop, XML, etc. It's way more than just the basics, it really helps you integrate it for what you need to do, like edit pictures and produce invoices from the road.


Near Walsenburg, Colorado 2007 © Michael Sugrue

No comments: